14th October 2016
Weekly Trends Report 14 October 2016
Hot off the press, here’s the latest Clarity Weekly Trends Report, with some bad news for Samsung and good news for anyone looking to get a date.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 canned
The hottest new handset on the market has been discontinued
after Samsung decided that it was just too risky to keep selling the Galaxy Note 7.
- The company issued a global recall for the device on 2 September after handsets caught fire after charging
- But replacement devices also suffered from the same problems, leading to a second round of recalls
- Analysts estimate the cost could add up to some $17bn, but the damage to the brand is likely to be immeasurable
Weekly Trends Report – 7 October 2016
We’re one week into October and autumn is truly upon us, with the evenings getting ever darker and colder. To bring you some cheer and warmth, here’s Clarity’s Weekly Trends Report.
Facebook Marketplace abuse leads to apology
Facebook was forced to apologise
after its new Marketplace feature was abused by people trying to sell all kinds of illegal goods and services.
- Marketplace allows people to buy and sell items to friends and strangers - however drugs, weapons and even a baby were listed on the service
- The company said a technical issue had prevented Facebook’s reviewing system from identifying posts that violated its policies
- People are already using Facebook to trade goods, with 450 million people visiting buy and sell groups on the social network each month