Account Manager – London
Clarity is searching for an experienced, talented and ambitious PR professional to join its London team as account manager. This is your chance to join a company that PRWeek has named one of the fastest-growing agencies. We are collaborative and ambitious in our approach, focused on developing strategies that work and delivering against clients’ objectives. We also have a casual, startup-style culture with generous benefits.
An account manager is the lynchpin between Clarity’s teams and clients. Beyond the tactics of traditional media relations, you are capable of developing strategies that achieve each client’s unique goals. You are experienced in producing effective campaigns spanning creative initiatives such as surveys and thought leadership, through to conference media relations. You inspire client confidence through your responsiveness, insight and smart observations about the business itself and the landscape. You may also manage junior staff, and participate in new business pitches.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Day-to-day account leading, shepherding the conversation on current and upcoming activities and building strong relationships with clients.
- Acting as a trusted advisor for all PR and Comms, taking a consultative approach by guiding and advising clients.
- Managing a portfolio of client accounts, supervising the account team and ensuring all activities are in progress.
- Contributing to the strategic planning and development of accounts, proactively and continually generating creative ideas for each client, and seeing them through to fruition.
- Working with other Clarity offices (in New York and Berlin) and its partners to ensure great client service, team collaboration, and effective delivery of international campaigns.
- Playing an integral part in teams, acting as the lynchpin, ensuring the team delivers high quality account work on a regular basis, including writing, research, analyst relations and media relations.
- Delegating actions effectively to ensure efficient delivery of programmes, quality checking outputs before they are shared with key contacts internally and externally.
- Encourage and work with the account team to identify organic growth opportunities and contribute ideas to develop existing accounts.
- Inspire team to take on new challenges by encouraging them to absorb new responsibilities with your support and direction, thus contributing to the team’s progression.
- Encourage the team to actively monitor opportunities for clients.
- Driving media relations campaigns.
- Maintaining knowledge of the news trends affecting clients’ industries and markets.
- Demonstrate ability to produce a strong stories and effective pitching.
- Actively maintain regular media relations, inspiring and encouraging the junior team to do the same.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of the media and share media relations insights with junior teams.
- Proactively monitor and share news hijacking opportunities for clients.
Creativity & content
- Drafting client strategy and messaging materials, press releases, commentary, pitches and thought leadership content.
- Contributing creative ideas and copy to pitch decks, competitor research and other new business materials.
To apply for this role candidates should have the following capabilities and experience:
- Strong experience and a proven track record in a PR or communications role, either agency-side or in-house
- Demonstrate strong client management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong writing ability
- Be organised and productive
- Be commercial and results driven
- Be enthusiastic about the job and the industry
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- A creative mind
It’s important for us to find like-minded, passionate people to join us. We are looking for someone who not only does a good job, but is also a valued member of the team and promotes Clarity’s values and ways of working.
We’re looking for the following behaviours:
- Initiative: acts to achieve goals beyond what is required, is proactive
- Results focused: knows what results are important, and focuses resources to achieve them. Develops challenging but achievable goals
- Represents the agency positively and professionally: understands and can articulate our proposition and why we are different and works to promote and progress the brand when required, both internally and externally
- Motivates: encourages and inspires the team to be their best and achieve great results and is a role model for others to look to
- Analytical thinking: tackles problems and client briefs in a logical, questioning and systematic way
- Entrepreneurial: looks for and seizes business opportunities
- Decisive: can make difficult decisions in a timely manner
- Builds strategic working relationships: identifies opportunities to build strategic relationships with clients (both direct clients and others in the organisation) to help achieve business goals
- Inventive: is an inventive thinking and doer, spotting opportunities as they arise and finding solutions to problems, often before they occur
- Comfortable with selling: is confident in talking about finances, commercial models and understands what will sell/what won’t sell for different clients, can negotiate effectively, can identify (and build relationships with) decision makers
- Is an innovation builder: can develop or support new approaches, or methods, that improve client programmes, our culture and team dynamic
Clarity is an international PR agency working with technology businesses from all over the world. We represent fast-growing companies in a variety of fields such as consumer technology, media, lifestyle, ad tech and fintech.
Since being founded in 2012, our team has grown quickly and is currently 28+ people located in London, New York and Berlin. We are collaborative and ambitious in our approach, focused on developing strategies that work and delivering against clients’ objectives. We have a casual, start-up style culture with generous benefits. We value an environment that prioritises the happiness and well-being of each person and provides a place for you to grow personally and professionally.
What We Offer:
- 26 days of paid leave plus bank holidays
- A competitive salary
- Bonuses for achieving company goals
- An annual professional development subsidy – you choose how to spend it
- Summer Fridays – 2pm finish Jun-Aug
- Annual team offsite meeting
- International exchange programme
- Gym/mobile phone contributions and private healthcare